Thursday, September 22, 2011

Challenge #3 - Istanbul, Turkey

The third leg of our journey is to Istanbul, Turkey
http://www.artisticdocument.com/index.php?topic=3526.0
The inspiration for this challenge is the beautiful tiles of Turkey and all the beautiful repeat patterns in them.
Technique: Embossing of the stamped variety. I have painted the tiles in bright colours then stamped the ferris wheel on top. I heat embossed this with black embossing powder.
Criteria:
1.. In this LO we had to use a chipboard shape { circle,square diamond etc } in a repeat pattern to form a type of tile effect. I chose a rectangle.
2.. Flourishes. I have stamped these at the top & bottom of the LO.
3.. at least 5 different colours in your PPS and embellies, PLUS whatever amounts of black and white you need to use.

We also had to use our chosen stamp. Mine is under the photo in the top left of the LO. I have used the banners to create the effect of a Turkish Bazaar.
This is my take on the challenge:


No comments:

Post a Comment